Our first Curbside Pickup was a success! We had 18 curbside visits on a beautiful sunny day with fresh cut lawn and our daffodils in full bloom.
Curbside will be offered Monday & Thursday, 1-5 PM. The Book Drop will also be opened during that time. Returned books will be quarantined for at least three days, before they are checked in. So if you’re viewing your online record, there will be a delay in clearing it of your returns. All books, dvds, magazine and all other library materials have been given a June 4th return date. This includes all items checked out all the way back in March and things currently being checked out Curbside. As always, we do not charge overdue fines.
Curbside pickups are scheduled in 10 minute intervals. To set up a curbside visit, you will need to place holds online from the Merlin Catalog.
- Get your library card and go the Library’s homepage: legionmemoriallibrary.org
- Hover over the ‘FIND BOOKS’ tab for the drop down options
- Click the option ‘MERLIN LOCAL CATALOG’
- In the ‘SEARCH’ bar there are additional options
- ‘SIMPLE SEARCH” has drop down options. You may leave as is or search by: Title, Author (Last name first, then First name) Example: Parr, Todd, or Subject
- Type in the space the Title, Author, or Subject you are searching for
- CHANGE “VIEW ALL MERLIN ITEMS” using the drop down options to ‘MELLEN’
- Then click the ‘SEARCH’ button
- When you find what you’re looking for, Click the ‘REQUEST’ button
- Another screen will pop up asking for your name and library card number. Fill in then hit the ‘REQUEST’ button
- Another screen will pop-up with the title of your request. If needed, change the pick-up location to MELLEN. You may also choose a date for which you no longer want the title or let it alone and it will auto fill for a year from the date of the hold.
- You may continue to place additional holds or ‘LOG OUT’ found in the bar towards the top of the screen on the right
Your ‘REQUESTS’ will be passed on to us at the library to be filled. When they have been pulled from the shelf and are ready for pick-up, you will receive a phone call to schedule a time to pick-up your items.
If you do not have an online connection, you may call the library at 715-274-8331 to place a hold. You may leave a message on the answering machine. Please have the title, author, or subject area you wish to have us search for you. Leave your name and phone number as well. Once your order is filled you will receive a phone call to schedule a pickup.
Here’s hoping for all sunny days for Curbside Pickup! (Hope I’m not jinxing myself . . . )
I wish you happiness and health.