- This event has passed.
May 14 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Here are directions for placing a hold online:Place ‘HOLDS’ online from the Merlin Catalog. If you are familiar with this process, please note one important change: only materials (books, DVDs, audiobooks on CD, magazines) that Legion Memorial Library – Mellen Library owns are available at present.
Get your library card and go the Library’s homepage: legionmemoriallibrary.org
Hover over the ‘FIND BOOKS’ tab for the drop down options
Click the option ‘MERLIN LOCAL CATALOG’
In the ‘SEARCH’ bar there are additional options.
1. ‘SIMPLE SEARCH” has drop down options. You may leave as is or search by:
b. Author (Last name first, then First name) Example: Willems, Mo
2. Type in the space the Title, Author, or Subject you are searching for.
3. This is 3rd working left to right in the SEARCH bar, but most important at the present – CHANGE “VIEW ALL MERLIN ITEMS” using the drop down options to ‘MELLEN’
4. Then click the ‘SEARCH’ button
If this Title, Author, or Subject area is part of our Mellen collection those will appear for you to chose from. If what you’re looking for is not in Mellen, I hope you’ll find another option for yourself.
5. If you find what you’re looking for: Click the ‘REQUEST’ button and another screen will pop up asking for your name and library card number. Fill in then hit the ‘REQUEST’ button.
6. Another screen will pop-up with the title of your request. If needed, change the pick-up location to MELLEN. You may also choose a date for which you no longer want the title or let it alone and it will auto fill for a year from the date of the hold.
7. You may continue to place additional holds or ‘LOG OUT’ found in the bar towards the top of the screen on the right.
Your ‘REQUESTS’ will be passed on to us at the library to be filled. When they have been pulled from the shelf and are ready for pickup, you will receive a phone call to schedule a time to pickup your items.